Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Sick Leave

Just as the title says, it's been a rough few days. I've been sick since Thursday (1/21) and in that time I've only been to the gym twice and also managed to scarf down more comfort food in those few days than I have in the past month. WTF?

I'm feeling better though. I did Week 6 Day 2 of the Couch to 5K last night and it was hard. I should have pushed myself to go to the gym. The more days I take off in between runs, the harder they are. I don't really see that with weights though. Unless I stop lifting weights for a few weeks or few months, I don't really notice a huge difference like I do with running (thank God!).

I also need to be more disciplined with my diet. It's so easy to be lazy and eat whatever I want. I should know this after since I've been doing it for way too long. I read weight loss blogs a lot and I realize that I will slip-up and eat bad stuff sometimes but I just need to do that less often. Thankfully, my fiance is a health-food nut and our pantry is chock full of healthy stuff. Minus the Newman's Own Hint-O-Mint cookies! Ah! These are sooo good! Maybe I'll throw one in my protein smoothie tonight...just one would be ok, right?

Need to drink more water also...been slacking on that too much lately too. Sigh...geez...stupid rhinoviruses make me fall into a rut...blah.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Julie,

    Thanks for being one of my accountabilitants over at a-loser-dad.com. I need all the help I can get.

    A rhinovirus has pretty much whacked me since last Thursday also. Tomorrow has to be the breathrough day.

    It's great that you're doing weights because I think that's an important part of getting healthy.

    You're lucky to have the health-food fiance. That's another big hurdle. Imagine going down to the basement computer to find an open bag of chocolate chip cookies your 19-year-old son left fromt the night before. I swear...

    I'll be following you as we both lose. Best of luck!

    Bil

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey...just found you based on a comment you left on "The Fattest Person Ever" blog. Very nice contribution. I think "Eric" will have some challenges and I've been as supportive as I possibly can be and still will. Thanks for your contribution as well.

    I'll be doing W3D3 tomorrow! Just got back from the New Balance store where I'll be trying to make trail shoes pair 3 work. I've tried Mizuno, Pearl Izumi, and now the NB.

    I'm psyched! I too am getting over a cold since last week. I hope you continue to heal.

    Kyle
    Getting Better and Better

    ReplyDelete