Thursday, January 14, 2010

Introductions are in order

Hello fellow losers (of weight, that is) and fitness fanatic wannabes. My name is Jules and I'm on a journey to lose weight and probably some insecurities along the way also. I tower over toddlers, standing just a hair above 5 feet tall and I weigh an astonishing 180.8lbs. My, oh my, it hurts just typing it, let alone seeing it on the scale!

2010 will be my year. I do not want to wear a size 14 anymore and I want to feel comfortable in my own skin. I never thought I'd let myself get to this point, but alas, I have and now it's up to me to do something about it. I am (or more accurrately, was) a three sport varsity athlete in high school. I started playing sports when I was old enough to run around. I always had kind of a stocky build and used it to my advantage. My legs are powerful and I was once told that I was built like a "brick shit-house." Thank you, Grandpa. Now, thanks to college (see laziness, beer, pizza and ice cream) I'm more like a wobbly tree-house with a LOT of fluffy insulation.

I don't really have a goal weight in mind. Right now, my big goal is to lose inches, body fat, gain muscle and cardiovascular stamina. I'm currently on Week 5 of the Couch to 5K running plan and I am set to finish in 4 short weeks. I also just picked up a copy of Lou Schuler's book; The New Weightlifting Rules for Women: Lift Like a Man, Look Like a Goddess. I plan on starting this soon and will post more about it once I read through it. I've already been doing some weight training, thanks to my wonderful and built fiance.


So, there you have it, my very first blog post. I'm sure I'll have thousands lining up to "watch" my epic transformation from lazy-ass to fit-ass (but still keeping intact my smart-ass).


No comments:

Post a Comment